This is about my knitting successes... and failures

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Building my Stash in DC






















Lots of photos, I know. But it was a busy weekend with a fellow knitter (my sister)!! Not only is she a fellow knitter, but she has a camera that works. I was afraid to fix my gloves by myself incase I just made things worse, so I brought them along on the trip. Although she's only been knitting since Christmas '04, she's a much better knitter than me and therefore I tend to make her do all the hard stuff that I'm afraid of. But I ended up fixing the gloves without her help, and we took a photo (bottom right).

We also did lots of shopping. We went to a farm about an hour from DC and bought some yarn fresh from the sheep standing right outside the shop. I then wound the yarn with my sister's new winder thingy, quite exciting. My yarn is the three wound balls in the top left photo (blue tweed, blue and red, and teal) and hers is the unwound. She also got some for her secret pal who likes bright colors (hence the pink and green). The next day we went to an eco-friendly store, Future Green, which had everything from paint to tie-dyed baby diapers. And they also had yarn. I bought 2 mini skeins of blue and blue tweed to make a mini stuffed elephant (my sister gave me a normal sized one for my birthday and my friend gave me a finger puppet for Christmas, so I thought I'd make one and have a collection). After all, there's not much you can do with mini skeins. She got some sock yarn and some stuff for her secret pal. We also went to a fabric store to get ribbon and lining for my purse. I can finally give Lisa her present...2 months late.

All in all, a good trip for knitting. I also worked on my Valentine's Day hat on the bus (as you can tell, I'm not very good at making presents on time) and I've started decreasing. I've never knit a hat before, and I'm not following a pattern, so this could get interesting. After that I only have to finish the table runner I'm crocheting for my mom for Mother's Day from Simple Crochet and I'll be done with all my projects. I may have to start a small project to thrown in my purse as a huge cream colored table runner would get quite gross on the subway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home