This is about my knitting successes... and failures

Thursday, May 04, 2006

SP8 survey thingy

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm fine with whatever. I've been knitting for awhile but wasn't a Knitter until about a year ago. So I'm still experimenting with yarn. I'm not a big fan of things that are hard to fix mistakes with.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I made the needle holder from Stitch N' Bitch and I use that.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? My grandma taught me to knit when I was like 7, so 15 years. But until recently it was pretty much stockinette or garter in acrylic to make little sample squares (Barbie blankets) and scarves. About a year and a half ago I started becoming a true Knitter. So, intermediate?

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yup, see it in my sidebar.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like fresh and flowery scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Sure. I like gummy things.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I'm not a spinner. I do crochet once in awhile, but I'm not that great. I like making crosswords/sodoku/wordsearch puzzles.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Anything not country pretty much. My computer is indeed MP3 friendly.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I'm cool with any colors. I randomly have a lot of blue yarn, so something to match blue would be cool.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Pet-free, family-free. Well, I have a sister who loves knitting who lives far away. And a mom and a dad who live far away too. So I'm all alone in the big city. But I do have roommates.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Sure. Never a poncho before, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. I have curly hair so tight hats make me look odd.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like experimenting. I just finished my first sock and am currently on the 2nd. They're fun. So are gloves. I've never done a sweater before, so I think that'll be next on my list.

13. What are you knitting right now? A sock. And some placemats for Mother's Day to match a table runner I gave my mom for Easter.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yup.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? It depends on the project I'm doing. As for material, I dunno. I liked my bamboos, but they're starting to bend a little so I dunno if I'm a huge fan anymore.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Nope, but I really want both.

17. How did you learn to knit? My grandma. And then to get better than the basics I taught myself from the internet. Now I call my sister and make her tell me how to do things.

18. How old is your oldest UFO? I actually just went through and finished everything. So I guess the sock I'm currently working on is the only projects I have right now.

19. What is your favorite holiday? They're all special in their own way. I especially love holidays that give me time off from school.

20. Is there anything that you collect? Randomly, elephants. I don't love them or anything, I just got a bunch this year as gifts. And books.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Nope, but any books would be cool as I have none (I always borrow them from the library). I don't have any subscriptions (once again, the library).

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Double knitting could be cool. And knitting a sweater, which isn't really a technique, but I still want to learn how.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I've done one and a half socks, and I'm willing to do more. I'm a size 9, my tape measurer is MIA so I can't give exact measurements.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 08/25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home