This is about my knitting successes... and failures

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

busy bee

For a day that seemed like it would be based in bed, I've been quite productive...

Chris drove me to the subway on his was to work at 6:30 am. It was a weekday, meaning that the B was running express, WOO! But no, there was a switch problem so the B was running local just like the Q, so I hopped on the Q and headed to Manhattan. By the time I got to Union Square thought I was gonna pass out. So instead of getting on the L to head back to Brooklyn I went up and walked around the streets for a little bit. Then I got a bagel, coffee, and Metro and read the paper and munched in the park. I was finally awake enough to head home.

Then I was too antsy to nap so I diddled around online looking for volunteer stuff. Applied to a bunch and then hit the hay.

Then I headed over to get some lunch and watched the World Cup in spanish whilst eating. The I got my dad a bunch of junk food to send to my dad for Father's Day since my mom only feeds him healthy stuff and he grew up on Mirical Whip, chips, and Velveeta cheese. I hit up the post office to mail that and asked about my package that never came. There it was, so I got 2 for the price of 1 at the post office!

The home to call for apartments. No answers, but I left messages. And the a treat...the yarn store! I got all sorts of goodies for myself and my secret pal. On the way home I ran into a girl I went to high school with which was random since I didn't realize she lived near me.

And now home and knitting some candy wrapper sachets from "One Skein" to add to the secret pal package.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home